Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Shaving Heads and Eff Cancer

Wow, it has been awhile since I have posted on my blog, but I wanted to thank you all for your continued love and support! As this cancer journey continues to be a rough one, I have been extremely blessed to have the support of my friends and family during this all.

For a short little update, I just finished my 4th round of chemo last week and have upcoming scans later this week. Be praying that this treatment is showing improvement! I will also be starting school this upcoming Tuesday, so another prayer request is for an unfathomable amount of energy to be able to continue going to classes, doing treatment, and just enjoying life as a college student. I have recently moved into a new house (many people have been asking about this), that was just a deal that I would be a fool not to take. The house is owned by two of my good friends, and living here will be a "safe haven" for me, as well as take some stress off my back financially.

Another thing that you might have missed somehow... I shaved my head right before my hair started falling out. And in order to make this be a milestone in my journey that I will remember... I had a party!! My friend Megan documented it all and made this beautiful video that you should check out!!


But in fun, big news regarding the #effcancermovement2013 that I shared about in a past post...We jumped from sales of the original 20 shirts to 440 sold shirts in just 4 months! These shirts have mainly just been spread by word of mouth through facebook, instagram, conversations when wearing it, etc.

This has shot way past what we could have ever imagined to happen with these shirts, but we are extremely grateful for all those who have helped us out in getting here.

That being said....

I am extremely excited to announce the opening of our Eff Cancer Etsy shop!!!

We decided that we wanted to take it up a step in sales in a more sustainable way, and an Etsy shop seemed like the perfect idea! (we already feel less stressed!)

Something we have realized is that everyone has been affected by cancer in some way, and these t-shirts are a great way to show their support. We are happy to supply the shirts whether or not they are specifically buying one to support me, or if it is for someone they know and love.


The majority of the profit still goes towards helping me with my growing medical expenses as I continue treatments and all the little things continue to add up. 

So please! Join the movement! Spread the word about our shop!

(I even added a little Etsy Badge at the top of my right side toolbar that goes directly to the Etsy account!)

We also have another fun something related to the #effcancermovement2013 that will happen at the beginning of October, so be watching for it! 

Thank you all for your continued prayers. They truly mean a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment