Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

His Princess

In the last couple of weeks I have been in a selfish stage in my life. Heading into graduation week, I really just wanted to be a part of the crowd, not necessarily doing things for the right reasons. I wanted the approval of my senior class even though on the inside I knew I wasn't really like them.
On graduation day, I was totally ready to leave that part of me behind. I wanted to see myself through His eyes and I started reading scripture and still couldn't find the satisfaction that I was searching for.
I went through the day just excited to move onto the next stage in my life. Graduated with a big smile on my face and went through graduation night just in complete happiness and daze. 
I got home and started opening my gifts from the party. One after another I got card with money, card with money (not that that isn't appreciated in any way because it is without a doubt) and then I got to a book from Kathy Lauzis. I read the title "His Princess. Love Letters From Your King." I looked at it and moved past it because I was tired and wanted to get through them all so I could take a nap.
Today while sitting here I was reviewing the last week and realized I never really found what I was looking for. I felt that unsatisfaction again and then something was telling me that I needed to look at this book from Kathy again. I opened it up and found what I was looking for. I read the first letter from God and it reads:

To My Princess... My Chosen One:
I chose you before the foundation of the earth to be My princess.You are royalty even when you don't feel like a princess. I will wait for you until you are ready to start living the amazing plans I have for you. I know you don't where to begin or how to become what I've called you to be, so let Me teach you day by day. Start recognizing who I am: The King of kings and Lord of lords. The Lover of your soul. When the two of us meet alone together every day, I will show you how to let go of the things in your life that are holding you back from the blessings I want to give you.
Remember, My child, just as I have chosen you, I have given you a choice to represent Me in the world. If you are willing, I am here to give you all you need to compete your calling.
Love,
Your King and Lord who chose you.

Right when I read this, I knew that it was His way of telling me that I am royalty. I am His princess. This book was exactly what I  needed and was a true blessing from Kathy.
Earlier that day I had been reflecting on my life and the years I wasted not knowing God's plan, His purpose and the power that was mine for the asking. After reading this one letter from God, I realized we can live beyond our pain and our past, our fears and failures, and become... His princesses.

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
John 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment