Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Well I'm an official High School Graduate!! =]

High school is such a weird time in life. You start friendships in elementary school, and keep them during middle school, and then high school comes around and everyone is completely different. You lose friendships. You gain some. Everyone changes. And then right when everything seems to fall into place, like everyone in the class is getting along, it's graduation time!

I feel like I am stuck in a "right now" moment with my friends because I don't want to lose them. But now I realize... It has only been almost 2 weeks since graduation and I have yet to talk to a group of my friends that I had considered my "best friends" all year...

People change.
 Some grow up and learn to take independence and life into their own hands, while others would rather not be self motivated with their new beginning.

It's so hard to let go of my friends, but at the same time so easy. I have been told by several that they don't normally last a lifetime. Although I would want them to, I realize the chances of that are very slim.

 People have told me:
"My high school friends and I are facebook friends and meet on a rare occasion, but aren't really "close"."

I had orientation just this last weekend at George Fox University, and I can tell you already that I know that is where God is calling me to be. It is so hard to leave my hometown feel behind, but I know He has bigger and better things for my life. I have already met new people and made new friends.

When I first got on campus I couldn't fathom how beautiful it was!


 I had automatic butterflies in my stomach. I had the "new home" feel inside my automatically. I don't even know how to explain it other than I could feel the presence of God surrounding me and making me feel at home. I was nervous and scared upon arrival and all my fear had suddenly washed away and I was so excited to see more!

I move into my dorms in exactly 65 days from now. (August 26th) I really couldnt feel more excited in my life. I have my classes all picked out and am ready for action!

I want to ask for prayers as I move onto this next stage in my life. I know I am fearless and ready, but there is also that little spot inside of me that doesn't want to leave people behind.
I want to promise everyone that I will keep in touch and not just move on with my life. I have such an amazing support system back here, and I never want to lose any of you guys!

Proverbs 18:24
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

                                                              
                                                                                                                                      



No comments:

Post a Comment