I have been really struggling lately with self image and self worth lately.
I don't necessarily look at myself and think less of me because of my body weight or the way things look.
But more of what kind of things I have chosen to do
or things that have been done to my body in the past.
And that is where the self worth problems come in.
I always feel like the things in my past are going to greatly affect me in the future.
Like who I am going to marry.
God has someone out there for me
but I always feel like once that person knows everything about me,
it is going to change everything.
But that is what God is preparing in the heart of the one I am going to marry.
The willingness to help me with my past and accept that
that is part of who I am.
I got home tonight and really just sat and prayed for God to help me through this
and somehow let me know that there is someone out there and he will think I am perfect.
I then decided to listen online to KLOVE and read my Bible.
As I was laying down reading, the song More Beautiful You by Jonny Diaz came on.
I absolutely wept in tears knowing that God is playing this song for me.
In this song it says in one part:
"But I can promise you there's a man whose love is true and he'll treat you like the jewel you are"
I couldnt believe what I was hearing at first.
This was the answer to my prayer I had said not even 10 minutes earlier.
This song is so amazing and the chorus gets me everytime.
"There could never be a more beautiful you.
Don't buy the lies, disguises, and hoops they make you jump through.
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do.
So there could never be a more beautiful you."
I posted the song below that has all the lyrics
for those who have not heard the song, or really needed a reminder
that God is going to provide you with someone.
And that you are PERFECT and Beautiful just the way you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment