So yesterday I was having an emotional roller coaster of a day and I knew the moment that the Enemy realized that I was weak and vulnerable, he was going to attack....
Sure enough, he did.
In the midst of trying to journal and just type out all my feelings for the stressful day, I just sat there in daze for a couple minutes and my mind started going off. I started thinking about things that have been done to me and how I responded to those situations with self worth problems and trying to fill that void.
I started thinking that in an situation where I am hurt, I am going to turn to all that again... I was talking to a couple different people last night and I was just bitter about everything that happened. I was continuously trying to make my self worth seem non-existent again.
I immediately just took a stand and said
"I am being attacked!"
Sometimes when we are attacked we may become ruled by our emotions and get to the point that we attack back in an irrational manner thus ruining our own testimony. Satan wanted to draw me in so he can diminish my spiritual and physical strength. Satan wanted me to commit all my resources to the attack so that I would be of no value to the Kingdom of God.
I was feeling vulnerable after having a long day and barely any sleep to add to that factor, and didnt think about how the Enemy was going to be waiting for the perfect time to do it. Sometimes I think its so hard to believe that all of this can happen in a period of 4 hours, but it did.
I literally got as far as thinking about future relationships in this attack. I automatically though to myself that anyone that I get close to in that manner is going to judge me because of my past. I thought that I was disqualified from ever finding true love. Satan tells us such horrible lies in the moments of attack and when you are weak, you have no choice but to believe them. And with me, if I try to ignore these lies and accusations, it will all turn into guilt and shame.
I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life to whom I know I can turn to and talk to about my attack and be able to calm down through it and realize once again that God is on my side. He has given me the authority to stop the Enemy mid-attack.
This is not the first of my attacks and I know it will not be the last, but I fear for those yet to come.
God did not give me a spirit of fear but the spirit of power and love through Christ Jesus.
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
In the midst of trying to journal and just type out all my feelings for the stressful day, I just sat there in daze for a couple minutes and my mind started going off. I started thinking about things that have been done to me and how I responded to those situations with self worth problems and trying to fill that void.
I started thinking that in an situation where I am hurt, I am going to turn to all that again... I was talking to a couple different people last night and I was just bitter about everything that happened. I was continuously trying to make my self worth seem non-existent again.
I immediately just took a stand and said
"I am being attacked!"
Sometimes when we are attacked we may become ruled by our emotions and get to the point that we attack back in an irrational manner thus ruining our own testimony. Satan wanted to draw me in so he can diminish my spiritual and physical strength. Satan wanted me to commit all my resources to the attack so that I would be of no value to the Kingdom of God.
I was feeling vulnerable after having a long day and barely any sleep to add to that factor, and didnt think about how the Enemy was going to be waiting for the perfect time to do it. Sometimes I think its so hard to believe that all of this can happen in a period of 4 hours, but it did.
I literally got as far as thinking about future relationships in this attack. I automatically though to myself that anyone that I get close to in that manner is going to judge me because of my past. I thought that I was disqualified from ever finding true love. Satan tells us such horrible lies in the moments of attack and when you are weak, you have no choice but to believe them. And with me, if I try to ignore these lies and accusations, it will all turn into guilt and shame.
I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life to whom I know I can turn to and talk to about my attack and be able to calm down through it and realize once again that God is on my side. He has given me the authority to stop the Enemy mid-attack.
This is not the first of my attacks and I know it will not be the last, but I fear for those yet to come.
God did not give me a spirit of fear but the spirit of power and love through Christ Jesus.
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
-John 8:44
No comments:
Post a Comment