Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Trust.

I have always wondered what it is like to completely and fully, without any hesitation, TRUST in the Lord. I mean, we all have heard this before and I know numerous times I have said that I trust Him and always will, in which I do, but isn't there always some little bit of control-freak in everyone?

I have had trust issues my whole life and it seems like trusting God is one of the hardest things to do as a Christian. As we observe our lives, it seems like the question, "Is He REALLY listening?" comes up too often. Trusting in God is so vital to our spiritual lives, yet our faith is so weak. If we only knew the amazing way that the Lord would open up to us if we would just open up to Him in belief.

And the Lord has done an interesting things... the more we trust in Him... the more He rewards us and reveals Himself to us. But when we doubt Him and don't have faith, nothing happens. He doesn't try to prove Himself or surprise us with a revelation to show us that we're wrong.. It's all up to us.

Do you want to see miracles? You need to believe in miracles. So you want to see God move in your life? You have to trust Him to move in your life. It seems so simple, yet very, very hard.

I feel like sometimes I have tried all of this and it never works, ya know? But it has taken me to go through a whole lot this year to realize that through everything, something is happening...

God wants to see if we will still trust Him even when out prayers don't turn out the way we want. He is trying to help us grow in our faith, and in order to do that He continues to raise the bar little bits at a time. As we grow spiritually, He asks us to believe even more, and when things become difficult... He wants us to believe EVEN MORE.

You see, He has His plans and we have ours and they are usually VERY different. God does have a mind of His own, and of course we are disappointed when we don't receive the answers we are looking for. But do we still believe? Do we doubt Him? Do we doubt ourselves?

I feel like too often when I had a prayer that goes unanswered, or opposite of what I am wanting... I gave up on Him. And that is NOT what He is wanting. Even though what I wanted didn't happen, I should still believe and trust Him to do what is best.

Belief and trust are the key... I need to keep on trusting regardless of what is going on around me, even when things seem hopeless. God is real and very aware of everything that goes on with me, and He knows most of the time I doubt Him. He has wanted me to take that leap of faith in trusting Him with all of my life... And since I have done that— He is finally able to wrap His arms around me. Jesus asks us to have faith as a little child. But as an adult, my past disappointments had corrupted me.

I am finally seeing all of this clearly after many coffee and lunch dates and late night talks.
Why had I ever gotten to the point where I even thought about doubting our all loving, all knowing, all forgiving God.

Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD is the Rock eternal.
Isaiah 26:4.

Lord, please help me to keep trusting you.
Help me to never doubt anything that happens
because You have the very best plan for me.
You have been so good to me, and I have no 
reason to doubt You work in my life everyday.
I trust you completely with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment