I hate making decisions and I always have been like that. When someone asks me what I want for dinner, I always reply with "I don't care." Most of the time I really don't! But it also has a lot to do with the fact that I don't want to be the one to decide.
Sometimes we are faced with decisions that could end up hurting someone in the end or end up hurting ourselves. In those kinds of situations, I would rather just be able to say, "Well God made me make that decision!"
Right now I am faced with a decision that doesn't necessarily have a bad consequence in the end, but will hugely determine how my next year at George Fox will be. I wish that God would have just made it easy to decide what I want to do, but he has really left this one up to me.
Everyone always says to go with your gut feeling, but I honestly had no idea what that was. I have done a lot of journaling, coffee dates, and prayer in order to really seek out God's will for my next year.
While doing a devotion and reading my Bible tonight when sitting at Red Leaf, I came across Ephesians 1:18. When I read this verse, I got that feeling in my gut. That one that every one says I should have. I think I know what I am going to do. =)
"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you."
Lord, I pray that you give me some
affirmation in the decision I have made.
I really believe that you have put this choice
on my heart, and I am going to follow your lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment