I was very challenged by this quote in chapel today.
What causes me to be filled with such a deep gladness?
What are my spiritual gifts?
What am I truly passionate about?
Why is it that get I get so dumbstruck over the question, "What makes you happy?"
I mean, the question really is not really that complex, yet I feel the need to have somewhat of a complex answer. And in a sense, this makes college career paths that much harder to think about. Is Social Work or Youth Ministry what God is calling me to do?
And then to look at the opposite side of this quote... What is the world's deep hunger? There are so many needs in this world, but what can I do to help? How has God wired me to help meet specific needs in this world?
"I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God." Ecclesiastes 3:11-12.
Be happy and do good=Deep gladness meeting world's deep hunger=the gift of God.
1. What is my deep gladness?
2. What is the world's deep hunger?
3. How do these go hand in hand in my life?
Lord, I pray that you reveal to me
what you call me to do through
helping me figure out what brings me
deep gladness. And help me to open my
eyes to see the world's deep hunger
is too. I trust You to guide me.

No comments:
Post a Comment