Man, what a year it has been.
This year has been one of the most challenging, yet most rewarding years of my life.
I have learned what it means to lament, to cry out to God in anguish, yet know that He is still there right beside me no matter what I am feeling.
I have learned about what it means to have true friends; friends that love me and know how to show their support for me.
I have learned what it means to be vulnerable. My story may be broken, but there is so much beauty that has come from the ashes.
Although I had battled cancer for almost 3/4 of 2012, I cannot be more thankful for the tremendous amount of growth that has taken place during those long months of tears, pain, and crud.
I gained friendships that I may not have otherwise.
I helped a dear friend accept Jesus into her life before passing away.
I was able to travel overseas and experience the Romanian and Moldovan cultures that ruined my life in the best way possible.
And even after many sleepless nights and a huge amount of stress, I finished my school year and am still on track to graduate on time.
I am grateful for a God who provided me with everything I needed in order to make it through the year.
He provided me with rest when I was weary.
He overwhelmed me with peace when I was anxious.
He held me up against His chest even when the only thing I could do was pound on it with anger.
I can only pray as I enter into the new year that I continue to be completely overwhelmed by His presence in my life.
I don't think I've ever been more excited about the start of a new year because I know it will be another year of growth and becoming.
I don't think I've ever been more excited about the start of a new year because I know it will be another year of growth and becoming.
I sure love that little guy! I'll be working on his picture blog post here in a couple days :)
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing gal and I just shared your blog with a 28 year old who is going through her 2nd round of cancer, too - I hope she starts following you!!!!!!
I am gonna miss him when I have to go back to school! It may be months before I see him again!!
DeleteAnd thank you! That is what I have my blog out there for! I have been super inspired by reading blog of other cancer patients, so to be able to inspire others in that way warms my heart. :)