Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

One Year!

So as of today, 7/24/10, I have been baptized for one whole year!

I have just returned from Mayfield Lake Youth Camp and who I was last year at this point at camp, is a totally different person that I am today coming home from camp now...

Last year I remember trying to figure out who I was in Christ.
I was Confused. Broken. Hurting. Lost.

This year is COMPLETELY different.
I am Filled. Compassionate. Over joyed. Genuinely happy.

This past year I have had uncountable blessings.

I believe that God needs to receive all the glory for things He has done in my born again life.
  • God blessed me with the most amazing opportunity to serve Him. He provided me with funds and with the support to go on a mission trip to San Francisco. He really worked through my heart when we were there. I have been completely softened and compassionate about those in poverty and who are less fortunate than we are. It really sparked an interest for mission trips in my future.
  • He has provided me with adults in my life that all have a quality that helps me get to know Him better and continue to grow in Him. There are several leaders at my youth group that I completely adore with all of my heart. I know that if I had any little situation or question, that they would help me no matter the circumstances. I don't know where I would be if I had not seeked help from them all when I need it most.
  • I had an experience this week at camp in helping a teenage girl come to accept Jesus Christ in her life. I did a repeat-after-me prayer with her when she realized that she needed Him in her life so bad. It brought tears and a smile to my face when I was able to do this to the first time. I was in tears because I know that feeling of being SO lost that you can't do anything but weep for Him to be in your life.
  • God had called me to start my own little ministry through texting. I send out daily Bible verses every weekday morning to OVER 100 people. Although at this exact moment my phone is not working due to my clumsiness, it will be up and running again in no time. He has blessed me with an outreach opportunity to the people in my life that don't have Christ.
  • I was able to help a homeless teenager upon returning from my mission trip. God was calling me to provide this girl with the basic needs and to share Him in her life. She was on a 2 year journey after running away from foster care so that she could find her real mother. I truly believe that God called me out personally to do this because He had previously prepared me in San Franciso.
  • Although I was completely nervous and second guessing myself... A LOT... I was able to come to the understanding that God provided me with an amazing testimony and that He needs that glory. I shared at camp this week with WELL over 100 high schoolers. As I started to speak, my testimony really just flew outta my mouth. God was speaking right through me and with plenty of prayer before going up there, I was able to deny Satan the ability to shove the "should haves" into my mind afterward.
I think this is probably like a little sliver of what all He has done for me, but I know that these are some big things that have really changed my heart or I know are going to help me along the way.

I remember back when I thought I was FOR SURE disqualified from His Kingdom because I wouldn't give Him ALL of me when I knew I needed to. He ALWAYS privded me even when I didn't necessarily "ask" but He knew I that I needed it.

This last week has been very moving for me. We have talked about taking a stand in our faith with Jesus Christ. He really called me to make that Stand and give Him ALL of my heart, soul, and strength in everything that I do.

All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Matthew 10:22



No comments:

Post a Comment