Open up my eyes to the things unseen.
Show me how to love like You have loved me.
Break my heart for what breaks Yours.
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause.
As walk from earth into eternity.
Hosanna, Hosanna. Hosanna in the highest!"
I know some friends of mine heard this song come on in the car on the radio a weeks ago and really didn't know what it meant. I remember being at that point in my walk. To me it was just a worship song that we sang at camp and during youth group or church. I just tried my best to explain to them what I took it as...
It's what the people cried when Jesus rode into Jerusalem before He was crucified.
They are saying "Hosanna. Hosanna in the highest" meaning We believe that you are the Messiah and we are asking you to save us. So when you're singing Hosanna, you're essentially saying "Save me Lord. Save us now." It's this cry. This plead to reach out. Please help us where we are.
I heard this song today and for the first time, I felt the need to make this my cry.
I really don't know why, but I just felt like God is telling me to ask Him to save me as if He knows something great is going to happen if I just surrender to Him.
"Break my heart for what breaks yours"
This lyric hit me. If my heart doesn't break over what break's the Lords, what does that mean for me?
LORD, save us! LORD, grant us success!
Psalm 118:25.
No comments:
Post a Comment