"Make a promise to me now.
Reassure my heart somehow.
That the love that I feel
Is so much more real than anything.
I have a feeling in my soul.
And I pray that I'm not wrong.
That the life I have now.
It is only the beginning."
-Born Again, Third Day.
Music has been a huge part of my walk lately. I get in these major faith slumps and I have a hard time getting out of them.
Lately I feel like I have been putting in a lot of time and effort into several relationships and have strayed away from my most important one.
My relationship with my Heavenly Father.
It's like I have completely turned my two-way relationship with Him into a complete one way.
I take so much time asking of Him in prayer and praising Him with all of my heart, but I have not been letting Him get to me... His way of communication through the Bible is precious, but it something I have been taking for granted almost. I act as if I am wise enough to go without reading, but in reality, I will never know enough. I will never be able to know everything. "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5.
It's like I have a memory bank of some verses, but I can't just strive to remember ones that make me feel better. I need to be able to read all the time, even verses that make me feel persecuted.
I just wish God would give me a clear sign that He is with me, ya know?
Sometimes I feel either distant or am I just not seeing clearly? Maybe He is giving me plenty of signs and I just don't know what or how to look for them. Sometimes I think I just am being attacked am instantly lose the fire and passion I once had.
I really need to turn my eyes on Him and focus on building my most important relationship in life back to what it was. I want to fall into His wonderful faith. Why do I always return to these ways of crazy life? When the King of the World is calling me. I want to turn my eyes on Him.
"The Lord will work out his plans for my life..."
Psalm 138:8 (NLT)
Lord, please help me turn my eyes to you.
Help me to be obedient and dig into Your Word.
Fill me up with your wisdom.
Promise me You'll always be there.
I need you.
No comments:
Post a Comment