I feel like I have been in this slump in my faith (once again) because I don't really know where to go next with what I believe in. I have been through many trials this year and I have consistently made myself believe that it was all happening because I was, for some reason, being punished for something. But I have come to believe that God knew that I would grow from it all. Each trial helped me grow that much more in Him. But where do I go next? What am I supposed to do now? Could I possibly be looking right past what God has next for me? But at the same time, can I just instantly pull myself out of this slump?
Mark 9:23-24-
"If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possibly for one who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"
I look at this verse and feel like I am in the same spot as this boy's father. On one hand, I have my doubts about my faith and that God can help me through anything and everything; whereas on the other hand, it's like I have a pressing problem of needing to believe that God can help me through anything because there is something going on. Sometimes I wonder if my love for Christ even shines when I am not in troubled times.
I mean I realize that I do always need Christ's love and am in need of constant guidance, but how much do I seek Him when things are going good? Jesus makes the issue in Mark 9 about the sick boy clear that faith in Him must be genuine to be effective. Do I genuinely seek God everyday of my life?
This makes me think of Jeremiah 29:13-
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart."
I want to make it my prayer to continually seek Him throughout my life, through the good times and bad because I know He continually seeks out what is good for my life, so why is it so hard for me to do the same?
Lord, teach me to seek You,
and reveal Yourself to me
when I seek You.
For I cannot seek You unless
You first teach me,
nor find You unless
You first reveal yourself to me.
Let me seek you in longing,
and long for you in seeking.
Let me find you in love,
and love you in finding.
Amen.
-Saith Ambrose of Milan. c. 340-397.
No comments:
Post a Comment