Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

From the Inside Out

Today in church we sang From the Inside Out by Hillsong United and it quickly reminded me of why I originally started this blog: To let people know how God is working in my life.

This blog has quite often become a place for me to vent rather than for me to share with people how great God is. And that is something that I would really like to change. I will still share with you my struggles because we all know how powerful prayer is and that sharing with others is a blessing, but I want to get back to the soul reason I started this blog.

It's amazing to me how much has changed for me. During this month 3 years ago, I was going through the hardest season of my life. I am no where close to the same person I was, and to think that three years is not really that long ago. On facebook the other day, someone posted "There is no room for shame at the foot of the cross, only worship." Three years ago, I would have responded to this quote in a completely different manner. I probably would have said in my mind, "But nobody knows the shame I am carrying around and dealing with right now." Although I still have a very hard time talking about this situation in my life, I have finally realized that this can no longer control me.

It took me a very, very long time to understand that my God is so much bigger than the problems I face. Even when I make choices in life that have some pretty bad consequences, there is nothing that I can truly do about it other than know that I am no longer the choices I made.

I feel so at peace with the fact that I full comprehend that my past is not me. My decisions in the past are no longer a temptation to me, but have rather been an experience that has taught me so much. I still do not share my story often, but I am working on that.

I was selected to go on a month long trip to Romania with a group of students and leaders from George Fox and this is going to be a very life-changing moment in my life that I am very excited about.  This trip has also given me the opportunity to share my story with my team. I do admit that I am nervous for when this time comes though!

I want to be able to share my story so that I can show others that God truly transforms people from the inside out. I don't want to bring glory to things that have gone wrong in my life, but rather give all the glory to God for consuming me daily. There is just something about when you give control to God and know that every time you stumble, His grace will be right there to catch you.

Lord, I don't know how to explain
how grateful I am to be consumed daily
by Your presence. Your glory truly does
go beyond all fame. Thank you for 
transforming me from the inside out. 
I will continue to bring You praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment