Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Making a Choice


My friend showed me this quote the other day, so I decided to make it in to this little picture that is now my desktop on my computer.

After having scans yesterday, I found out that I will be having to do 16 weeks of radiation injections. So that means that I will have to be going to the doctors once a week even during school. 

When I heard the news, all I could think was:

"Okay... Deep Breath....... I can do this."

Telling the doctor that I do not want to continue treatment, and deciding to give up would probably be an easy thing to do... But I am so glad that my mindset is not like that.

And honestly if I didn't have the support group that I do, my choices would probably be the completely opposite. 

During this battle with cancer, it would be really easy to make it all about me. But when I was diagnosed, I think I was more worried about how it was going to affect the people around me. 

I didn't want people to change how they acted around me. 
I didn't want people to always be worried about me.
I just wanted to try and maintain normal relationships with my friends.

There were a couple people that I wanted to ask, "Well how are YOU dealing with all of this?"

I don't think I can even find the words to say to explain how thankful and blessed and grateful I am for the friends I have been given. 

So to the friends that have been there for me through this all; encouraging me, listening to me, supporting me, and making me laugh. THANK YOU! You have all blessed my life in more ways than you probably think.

And because I have people that would be heartbroken if I chose to stop treatments for my selfish reasons of now hating hospital visits and just wanting to stop the pain....

I am choosing to fight like hell.

4 comments:

  1. Love you Bells! Your a true fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fight like you've never fought before Haley!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Haley!

    Paul
    aka The Mayor :-)

    ReplyDelete