Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Safe Place

Just a couple months ago, a friend prayed over me that I would soon enter into a "safe harbor" in my life.

I pray every morning that this would be the day that I would enter in to a year of being content. I pray that I would not have to face yet another trial pushed in my path. And sometimes... I can't find the words to say because the longing I have for a safe place leaves my heart aching.

My heart longs for a period of time where I don't have to think about my health, money, family problems, etc.
My heart longs for peace and strength.
My heart longs to know that things will be okay.

People always say, "Sometimes the wrong choices bring you to the right places." This has been true in my life. There are things that have happened to me and choices that I have made that have brought me to where I am now. And I love George Fox University.

I love the people.
I love the campus.
I love the community.

I have been back in Newberg for a couple days now and there is just something about this place that makes me feel.... alive. I have been hanging out with friends, enjoying the sunshine and coffee. Going grocery shopping and making fabulous lunch.

It's funny because these are all things that I do back home, but it doesn't feel the same.

And today something clicked...

Is George Fox what God has always envisioned as my safe place? 

No comments:

Post a Comment