Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Worth


When I was first diagnosed with cancer, I felt like my world had turned upside down. I felt like I was having a shift in my identity.

Who am I now?

All of sudden I was having to change how I was living in order to fit treatments in to my schedule. I had to leave school at the end of the year to get surgery and start chemotherapy. I had to miss out on fun things because I was so sick from treatment that I could barely leave the bathroom. All of my conversations were suddenly always surrounding this new thing in my life.

Was this new thing in my life, this disease, going to define me?
Was my new identity going to be a "cancer patient?"

Something I have learned over these past 5 months is that I cannot let the circumstances of my life change what my identity is.

My identity is set in Christ.
I am His Beloved.

No matter what happens to me, that never changes. Cancer should not define who I am. My past should not define who I am. My job should not define who I am. 

I am a person of worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment