Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Perpetual Sensitivity

Think about a time when something happened, and then you started seeing it happen everywhere. 

Like when you read a book by a new author, but then you start seeing their name everywhere because you recognize it. Or when you buy a new car, and then start realizing that a ton of people have the same car.

Once you become sensitized to something, your mind changes the way it filters your impressions, and lets the information you are sensitized to through your filters much more often. So it seems like suddenly it is appearing all the time.

Cancer is one of those things. 

You know that cancer is affecting people everywhere all the time, but you never notice it as often until it hits close to home. 

Ever since I was diagnosed with cancer in April, I feel like I see it everywhere. People telling me about someone they know diagnosed, or asking for me to pray for them. Seeing it on facebook, or heading it second/third hand. 

It breaks my heart.

I think about the long agonizing hours of chemo and being sick. The huge needles, constant images, and blood work. The fatigue, soreness, and what seems like never-ending treatments.

Nobody should have to go through this.

Tonight my heart is aching. I have heard of yet another friend diagnosed with cancer.

So tonight I am praying on behalf of everyone who is having to fight through this battle. Praying for those who have to actually find the inner strength to endure through the miserable treatments and praying for those who are having to sit on the sidelines with their heart-breaking wishing they could somehow take the pain away from the one they love fighting this battle.

Cancer sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment