Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Praise Him.

"To the one whose dreams are falling all apart.
And all your left with is a tired and broken heart.
I can tell by your eyes you think you're on your own.
But you're not alone.
You will be safe in His arms.
You will be safe in His arms.
The hands that hold the world are holding your heart.
This is the promise He made.
He will be with you always.
When everything is falling apart,
You will be safe in His arms."

*Safe by Phil Wickham.

My area coordinator, Sarah Jobson, showed me this song exactly when I needed it. I have heard this song plenty of times before, but I think I never really appreciated the lyrics for what they're worth.
I have been running for far too long. It has been about a month since I have even picked up my Bible, not only because I haven't been obedient, but because like I have said in previous blogs, I feel like when I bring anything to Him I just get loaded with more things to deal with.

I look back at the last couple weeks and wonder why I let this go on for so long when God clearly told me the night I was told my grandma wouldn't make it to the weekend. I remember being completely frozen, bawling on my bed. It was hard to breath, let alone talk to anyone. I was screaming at God wanting answers and all I can remember is behind all my sobbing, I heard "I want you to praise Me." I didn't know if this was a joke, but I was seriously mad that God would even put that in my mind because He was about to take someone so dear to me away and there was no way I could praise Him for that.

I look back on this situation and I know now why He said this. He didn't ask me to praise Him because He was going to perform a miracle and my grandma was going to be fine (which I had instantly hoped for when I heard this). He asked me to praise Him because He will be the same at the end of the week regardless of what happens to my grandma. Every little piece of me wanted to protest someone else being in charge and I believe that that is why this was so very hard to wrap my heart around.

Last night I decided I would pick up my Bible. I was flipping through and decided to read Hebrews. I don't really have a reasoning behind choosing that, but I did. And I am very thankful for that. God knows exactly what I need. He is providing me with many things I never would have dreamt of such as amazing new friendships. And because of that, I will always Praise Him.


"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
-Hebrews 13:8. 

Lord, thank you for never changing.
.Continue to help me in my darkest times.
I will forever praise you.

1 comment: