After sharing her story with me, she was very persistent in wanting to know mine. I started from the beginning, explaining to her the places in which I can see God was completely woven into my life even before I knew Him.
Each and every thing that I have gone through has shaped me in to who I am today.
They have created friendships, and destroyed some.
They have made memories, good and bad.
They have caused tremendous pain, but also overwhelming joy.
She then said the thing I could not disagree more with about her own story.
"Gosh, my life is so boring!"
I had the instant reaction to correct her and assure her that no one's life is boring, but instead I just simply asked her what she meant by that.
She went on to explain how she wishes that she would have something "big" happen to her so she could bring glory to God through that.
I proceeded to tell her that her testimony is a story that brings glory to God in so many aspects. Being a faithful follower of Christ is not easy. She chose to take the harder path.
Then she went on to tell me about her aunt that was diagnosed with Munchowsen (spelling?) Syndrome. She told me about how her aunt would make herself sick or injured in order to get sympathy and attention. Or she would tell people that she was sick, but what started out as a little white lie has become reality to her.
Why am I hearing about this so much lately?
Why are things like serious illnesses being made up?
Treatments are hell and if back in April I were given the choice to have cancer or not (without knowing what purposeful things have happened through my battle), there is no way I would have wanted this for myself. I have spent countless hours sitting in a hospital room getting poked and prodded with various medical instruments followed by countless hours of throwing up and sleeping because my body was so weak.
Although I became instantly upset when hearing this news, my heart also broke for the person who made this up. For some reason, this person was in a place of discontentment and felt as if saying they had this "illness" would fill some kind of void. I just wish I could tell them that they are loved, and that they should always be grateful for the story they have because people would kill to trade places with them.
And not only does my heart ache for this person, but also everyone that poured their heart out to this person. I am constantly praying for all of the people affected by this little white lie that escalated into something huge.
Praying for a spirit of understanding and peace through this hard situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment