I got up and sat at my desk to read my Bible for a little bit, and right then and there... it hit me. After getting a full nights rest (12 hours! Thank you Lord!) why on Earth would I want to crawl right back in bed all day and do nothing?
I was trying to think about what I could do.
Something fun. And spontaneous... away from Fox and by myself.
Of course the first thing that pops into my head is road trip.
But to where?
Cannon Beach. Enough said.
I immediately got up, got dressed, grabbed some extra clothes in case it was raining... And I was off.
This morning and afternoon spent in Cannon Beach was absolute bliss and exactly what I needed. I spent the whole drive to Cannon Beach in prayer; turning all of my worries over to the only One who can handle them all.
Then I spent time walking the beach, as well as a good chunk of time at Insomnia Coffee Company reading my Bible and journaling about something that has been challenging me lately.
How often do we strain ourselves searching for the peace that is described in Philippians?
"Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
I feel like I am constantly praying and searching for that peace, but do I ever just be still?
My friend challenged me by sharing this:
"I was talking to *John (forgot name) and he was telling me about how he was sitting in the chair at that game, and just in 3 seconds he sat back and watched his family and friends share drinks, laugh, smile, and talk. And just in those 3 seconds, he was overwhelmed by peace."
I wonder how many times I have missed my 3 seconds, or how many times I get mad because it's not longer than that.
Today was different though.
As I stood at the waters edge, staring out into the vastness of the ocean, I felt a peace like I never have before.
Lord, I want to thank you for my '3 seconds' today and I want to pray that I continue to be still long enough to experience it more often.
![]() |
| Blissful Day. |

No comments:
Post a Comment