Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's a Choice

Today has been the kind of day where I truly believe in the phrase

"Look Good, Feel Good."

I woke up this morning and did not feel the greatest, but I knew that if I was going to lay around all day that it wasn't going to make me suddenly feel any better.

So I got up and decided that I was going to embrace this beautiful, sunny Saturday.

I have spent the last month in sweats, yoga pants, t-shirts, and sweatshirts because I have been pretty self-concious about the fact that I can tell my body is changing. And on top of that, most of my other clothes are a little big on me from the weight I have lost.

Although I spent my day in a pair of capri yoga pants and a tank top, I felt really good. I got up, showered, straightened my hair, and even put a little make-up on! (very, very minimal make-up, lol). Even though my doctor got mad at me because I got sunburnt pretty bad, I feel so healthy because I am somewhat tan again!

Then today I went with some family and got a pedicure, which always makes you feel good! It has just been a truly wonderful day despite everything that is going on.

I am sitting here at Red Leaf after just having a "coffee date" (Stress Buster smoothie for me!) and it felt so good to just talk. Especially conversation that had very little to do with my actual health.

I look forward to going to church tomorrow! I am going to whip out some of my cute clothes to wear, straighten my hair, and embrace my tan because I don't know for sure yet if there is going to be another Sunday soon that I will look good and feel good.

I know everyone's response to that last comment is probably going to be something along the lines of "You are beautiful no matter what. Your smile and heart of gold are what makes you who you are... Not your hair or your clothes or any of the materialistic beauty."—But seriously... Easier said than living that reality.

I have so many questions and I fear the unknown answers.

Will I finally be able to eat and keep food down?
Am I going to lose my hair?
How much weight am I going to lose?
Will I gain weight?
How much is my body going to change?

Today I am choosing to ignore those questions and embrace how I feel in this very moment. I am choosing to look good and feel good.






Lord, I thank You for the body You
have given me, and I am choosing 
to praise You no matter what happens
to the way I look either. You give and
take away. But blessed be Your name .

No comments:

Post a Comment