I AM IN FRICKIN REMISSION!!!
How's THAT for excitement!! I had to add in the "frickin" to add a little emphasis. ;) lol I am still left a little speechless about what happened at my doctors appointment yesterday. And still find myself pinching myself to make sure I am not in a dream.
Just in case some people didn't hear...
Yesterday I was supposed to be going in for an appointment to find out what my next plan of treatment was going to be since the diagnosis just a week an a half prior was that the cancer had spread and I was now in Stage 2. My doctor came in and did a CAT Scan of just my pelvic area since that was where the cancer was. Then a second doctor, which I had never seen before, came in and said that they needed to do a full body scan. Then a third doctor, which I had never seen before, came in and said that I was going to need a PET Scan now.
During this whole time, none of the doctors explained what was going on. So of course in my mind, I assume the worst. I saw all of the doctors looking over my images together and then going back and forth between offices and what not.
Then my doctor finally came in and showed me my scans from a week and a half ago and then my scans from yesterday. There was VERY little on my scans from yesterday, and what was left on the scan were in a dormant state. Leaving my doctor completely dumbfounded at what was on the images, or a lack thereof. He then said,
"I think right about now is when I can start throwing around the word remission."
I instantly started crying and sat there for literally a half hour in disbelief.
Then that is when I obviously had to spread the news and my phone was blowing up all night and has continued throughout today. I have gotten to celebrate my remission with people all across the world (seeing how my best friend is in China celebrating in her own way).
Last night I got to hang out with Lindsay, Mandee, and Evangeline in celebration of this amazing news! We ate lots of guacamole, me-a burrito, went to Founders Day at Fred Meyers (which I never knew existed), and then got ice cream at Dairy Queen. Then I ended the night crying on the couch with Mandee while watching videos of soldiers coming home from war, lol.
![]() |
| Here is me eating my "Remission Burrito" I wish I would have documented the night more, dang it! |
It was a fabulous evening and the celebrating will be continuing on for awhile, I'm sure.
I sit here in reflection over the last 6 weeks, trying to figure out what even to say...
God is so good.
But I feel like that is worthy of a whole other blog for a different day.
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to HIM be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21.

So... 6 weeks of misery, pain, and fear = 1 soul for Jesus + 1 period of growth. Even knowing it could come back at any time, was it worth it?
ReplyDeleteI should know better than to read your blog at work. Fighting back tears - filled with joy and deeper faith, knowing God answers prayer.
ReplyDeleteYahoo!!!! God is amazing. And so are you my dear friend, Haley. Well written :)
ReplyDeleteTotally awesome, our God is amazing and so are you. thank you for continuing to share your story.
ReplyDelete